- Mission Moment:
- Sandra Martinez Zuniga shares her role as panelist for the 5th Grade expedition, "How to make Durham more welcoming for Immigrants and Refugees?"
- School Director Report:
- John will provide an overview of the school’s response to the recent election, support for students and families and needed resources moving forward.
- Consent Agenda (Action)
- Approval of October’s meeting minutes
October 2016 -- The Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine presented Central Park School for Children with the annual National Golden Carrot Award for exceptional innovation and leadership in promoting child health and nutrition through school food service. Our nutrition team was at the heart of this award with their incredible work bringing a healthy National School Lunch Program to our school this year. Their innovative ideas and commitment to quality, healthy food brought our school to the forefront of nutrition programs across the country. The award review panel was also impressed at the creative ways in which CPSC educators integrate good nutrition into the curriculum in many ways including gardening, cooking, project work, and music. Congratulations to our Nutrition Team and Teaching Staff for this outstanding achievement, and thanks for your unyielding commitment, energy, and passion for educating (and feeding) the whole child and for supporting the development of their lifelong healthy habits and skills!
We received a $20,000 grant to put solar panels on the roof of our middle school but we need to raise $15,000 to make it happen. We would love for you to be a part of it. Click here to contribute now, or read on to learn more!
Who's to say what CPSC alumni will be up to when they grow up? We'll be keeping an eye out for these Central Park students who were named winners in NC Cooperative Extension's 2015-16 "If I Were the Mayor" competition, sponsored by Kids Voting Durham. Check out the photos on Facebook!
Durham Magazine featured CPSC's Strawberry Festival and 5K in its June/July 2016 issue. View the magazine online, scroll over to page 15 and enjoy a gorgeous spread of photos by our own Satsuki "Sunshine" Scoville.
- Consent Agenda:
- Minutes from March 2016 meeting
- Report from Board On Track regarding answers to CPSC board survey
- Development Committee: The Project Path - this explanation of project work at CPSC will accompany letters to CPSC extended community asking for donations.