Annual CPSC Read-a-Thon
February 14-15, 2019
All proceeds go toward books for our libraries and bookroom!
How it works:
- Your child sets a goal for how many minutes he or she thinks they can read at school and at home on February 14th and 15th
- Your child asks for monetary pledges from family and friends based on his or her goal...and records the pledges on their pledge form!
- Your child records the minutes he or she reads, listens to reading and does reading activities during the two day Read-a-Thon event at school.
- Your child collects the money from the pledges he or she received and turns it into his or her teacher by February 22nd. This year pledges can be paid online (Pay Online Here) or checks /cash can be sent in to school.
- February 1 - 14 Students collect pledges from family and friends (pledge forms go home on Thursday and Friday, February 8 & 9)
- February 14 - 15 Students record the reading they do at the Read-a-Thon (reading log provided)
- February 16 - 22 Students collect money from sponsors (turn checks/cash in to teacher...or pay online)
How can I help?
- Bring floor pillows, blankets, bean bags, lamps to the library on Friday, 2/8
- Help create a lounge for reading in Raenel’s office! (Wednesday, 2/13)
- Volunteer to read with students and help record minutes on 2/14-2/15
- Help collect and/or count Read-a-thon pledge money.
- Contact the room parent for your child’s class to see how you can help with reading activities that are planned in the classroom