An Uncommon Education
To create a community rooted in justice and equity where all children thrive.
Values Guiding Our Work with Children
We honor and nurture the whole unique child. We believe and cherish that:
- Children grow from the richness of diversity in community--racial, ethnic, social, religious, gender, and learning style.
- Children are inherently curious and imaginative.
- Children are naturally eager to understand their world and communicate their ideas.
We honor and nurture each child’s:
- Capacity for kindness, empathy, generosity, and truthfulness.
- Ability to explore, understand, and change the world through learned skills in math, language arts, scientific method, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
- Right to learn through play, art, music, dance, and drama.
- Need for outdoor learning--including games, imaginative play, and exploration of the natural world.
Supporting Values for the School
- Research guides our decision-making.
- Great teachers are at the heart of the learning process, and we provide them with opportunities to collaborate, network, and grow professionally.
- We innovate and embrace solutions toward racial, economic, and language equity.
- We build our community through partnerships.
- We ensure sustainable finances and seek resources to support outrageously ambitious projects.
- We believe in and contribute to high-quality public education, critical to a great democracy.
Our All Children Thriving Goals include:
1. Accelerate Social Justice
2. Advance Equity in Instruction and Learning
3. Shift and Share Power with all our People
4. Promote Healthy Integration for Diversity, Inclusion and Equity